Email A Friend

Dust explosion in Salina injures 1 man

One man received minor burns in a dust explosion Thursday night at McShares, a company that makes food additives at 1835 E. North.
Leonard Schneider, 48, of the 2000 block of Highland, was taken by private vehicle to Salina Regional Health Center, said Salina Police Capt. Mike Sweeney.
The Salina Fire Department responded after receiving notice shortly after 11 p.m. of an alarm and sprinkler system activation at McShares,
Witnesses reported that Schneider, a McShares contract employee, was changing out dust collector bags when static electricity caused a dust explosion and a fireball, according to the fire department.

Email this story to a friend:



Sender’s email (required):

Enter text seen above: