Email A Friend

New Cambria boy burned at bonfire

Salina Journal

New Cambria boy burned at bonfire

NEW CAMBRIA — A 13-year-old Salina boy attempting to start a bonfire with gasoline Saturday was burned when the fuel “flashed,” said Capt. Brian Shea, of the Saline County Sheriff’s Office.

Jonathan Henderson, 741 S. Fifth, was at a family barbecue Saturday at the corner of Cunningham and Schilling roads, about a mile south of New Cambria, when the incident occurred shortly after 6 p.m.

Jonathan’s left hand, chest and the fronts of both legs were burned, Shea said.

He was taken to Via Christi Regional Medical Center, St. Francis Campus. He was released Sunday, according to a hospital spokeswoman.

Email this story to a friend:



Sender’s email (required):

Enter text seen above: